The Bermuda Health Council [BHeC] released their Corporate Plan 2017/18, saying it is a “strategic road map for the Health Council, helping us to envision Bermuda as the healthiest island in the world.”
Tawanna Wedderburn, CEO, said: “The Corporate Plan helps the Health Council continue to work toward building a sustainable and equitable health system. This Plan enhances transparency about what the Health Council does and why we do it.
“It holds us accountable to Bermuda’s residents ensuring that we all have access to safe, affordable, quality care. This is especially important at a time when healthcare costs are high and the focus is on chronic, non-communicable diseases.”
The Health Council said they intend to work toward this vision in the year ahead by:
- Improving safety and quality through health facility inspections
- Improving access to health insurance by removing barriers related to pre-existing conditions
- Developing policies to regulate the price of drugs to ensure affordability
- Improving patient identification by implementing a unique number for every Bermuda resident
BHeC said the priorities outlined in the Corporate Plan aim to:
- Promote Bermuda’s health system as a safe and trusted system
- Encourage constructive dialogue about healthcare that fuels better health outcomes
- Mobilise collaboration among all who have a vested interest in the success of Bermuda’s health system
“In addition to detailing the objectives and priorities of the Health Council, the Corporate Plan also highlights the Health Council’s achievements and areas for improvement,” BHeC noted.
The full Bermuda Health Council Corporate Plan 2017-2018 follows below [PDF here]
Read More About